Monday, September 1, 2008

Green and Blue Never Looked So Good

I'm tired. Exhausted really. I decided to take a few days off of support-raising and spent a lot of time reading and walking/running in parks. Thanks to a few friends who repeatedly advocated that I do this whole resting thing for a while!

I really love parks. My favorite colors are blue and green and there's so many shades and variations of blue and green in parks; I see God there the most. Even more than in people (maybe). The sky and how God can be so creative with clouds----whipsy, poofy, spread out, squished together, shapes, moving...and the blue of the sky is always changing, too! Light blue, deep blue, shy blue, brilliant blue, clear blue! The trees and how the light filters down through the leaves---straight through some so they're almost transparent, a brighter green, like God lit them up just so I'd stop to notice them. Just so I'd remember that He can light me up like that, too...if I stop moving so fast. You never really see those special lit up leaves when it's super-windy and the leaves are blowing all over the place; they always look dark, plain green then. The special lit up leaves are only there when things are peaceful (like the tree is resting?) and a gentle breeze blows...and they dance right there along the branches. Will you pray that God lights me up like that? That I rest and slow down long enough for Him to do that? Have I mentioned that I really, really appreciate your prayers? Really, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home