Monday, August 11, 2008

Angela's Big Day

If all the raindrops were mini quiches and cupcakes
Oh what a rain it would be!
Standing outside with my mouth open wide
Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
If all the raindrops were mini quiches and cupcakes
Oh what a rain it would be!

Have you ever heard that song before? I thought I'd post about something fun, since many of my posts have been serious lately. You preschool teachers out there may remember that you can substitute any two food words into the lyrics and that you hold your mouth open towards the sky when you sing the "Ah! Ah!" part. It's possible that I may have gotten carried away with the "Ah!"s when I was typing it out (Smile!).

Anyways, August 2nd was my friend Angela's baby shower during which we did have mini quiches and cupcakes (as noted in above song lyrics) and spinach artichoke dip and some other tasty things. It was my first time helping throw a baby shower an my first time using a melon baller (See below!). Jack is due to arrive on September 3rd and I'm so excited that I get to be in town for that!!!

The theme for Angela's shower was airplanes, since that's what she is decorating her nursery with. (She loves to travel). We had the guests make paper airplanes and fly them in a "Paper Airplane Olympics" while they were there. There were peanuty prizes for pilots who flew the longest distance, pilots with the best accuracy, the most enthusiastic pilot, etc. I voted to have a prize for "best airplane sound effects" but it got vetoed. :0)



1 Comments:

At August 11, 2008 at 5:19 PM , Blogger The Wagners said...

Super cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home