Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How Great is Our God!

I just finished watching Louie Giglio's talk (on video) called "How Great Is Our God," accompanying Chris Tomlin's song of the same name in concert. He spent some time talking in scientific terms about how big various stars are compared to earth and how HUGE God is.

Giglio went on to talk about how God holds us together in the midst of crazy life circumstances and quoted parts of one of my favorite chapters of the Bible, Isaiah 40. You can visit http://www.biblegateway.com/ to read the whole thing, but here is one of my favorite parts:

"To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One. Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. 27 Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God"? 28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."


What really hit me the most about Giglio's talk was what he ended with--laminin--which I and probably most of you (except maybe my sister Amy, the bio grad) have never heard of. Apparently it's what holds our cells together. Webster's Medical Dictionary defines it as, "a glycoprotein that is a component of connective tissue basement membrane and that promotes cell adhesion." It literally holds us together.


Not excited about laminin yet? Well the cool part was when Giglio showed a picture of what the protein laminin looks like. It looks like a cross! The thing that holds each of our cells together looks like a cross! We have all kinds of little crosses holding our bodies together! What an awesome reminder of how intricately concerned with details God is, of how carefully He fashioned us! Of how He's given us His spirit to live within us to guide us and direct us an even our very cells are crying out, "believe in me! I am what will get you through! I will never leave you! You'd literally fall apart without me!" WHOA!!!



This is the molecular structure of laminin:

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 3, 2008 at 6:58 PM , Blogger The Wagners said...

Amazing...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home