Thursday, June 5, 2008

OHV Rocks! And So Does J.D.!

I hung out with J.D. (one of the Vice Presidents) today for a couple hours and was continually amazed at his ability to speak truth into my life. I met him in 2002 when I went to Hondruas and he led the trip to Kenya. Since then he's gotten married and had two adorable boys. Truth isn't always easy to hear or understand, but he delivers it in a confident, upfront, gentle manner that I really respect.

J.D. gave me a huge gift today... after talking with him for a while, he unexpectedly prompted me to be open, honest, and vulnerable (OHV) with the rest of the COAT training group. That resuled in a lot of crying, people circling around me to pray for me, and a lot of love being poured out into my life. I'm amazed at the deph of love I have for the people here and the depth of love that they have for me after only one week in Florida/COAT. Can you imagine how close we'll be at the end of the summer!?!?!?!

This OHV opportunity was incredibly draining and incredibly powerful. J.D. said it was the best half hour of his day, his week, and maybe his month or his year. I can't tell you how much that touched me! Even so, his comment didn't come close to the feelings of love, acceptance, inclusion, and hope that I felt during that praying. One of the guys praying for me was sobbing as he prayed for me...there is so much compassion and love here. More than any other place I've ever been....You have no idea how necessary and powerful it is for me to be in this place. Thank you so much for the ways that you've supported me so that I can be here! Now I feel like the transformation that COAT program is known for has officially "begun!"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 8, 2008 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i'm so proud of you! you are an amazing woman. i'm sure it was not the easiest thing to do but oh the benefits. love & miss you. jess w

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home