Friday, May 23, 2008

The Biggest Hug EVER

During the last week of kindergarten, a grandma came to class to have the kids make me some good-bye gifts and present them to me (talk about a sweetheart!). Here's a picture of the BIGGEST HUG EVER! I look kind of like I'm in pain, but I'm actually smiling and laughing and feeling extremely touched by thier gesture of love. The only painful thing about those last few days with them was thinking about how it was the last few days with them. Look close...can you tell that there are 17 kids hugging me in that picture? They're squished in pretty close!


God blessed me with an extremely loving group this year!

For example, one boy said he was going to get the Bookmobile, fill it with books, and drive it to "that other world you're going to" so I could have some books there. Later he told me he was going to come to the airport and hide in the plane so that he could go with me!

One family gave me a card that read, "The time you've given, the hearts you've touched, the lives you've blessed---these are true gifts from God. Thank you for sharing His love." A personal note at the bottom said I've, "definatly touched their hearts and have made a lasting impact on thier lives." WHOA! I think getting a note like that is every teacher's dream!

Those are only a few examples of the ways that God has been blessing me as I prepare to move!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 31, 2008 at 9:06 PM , Blogger The Wagners said...

I love this pic! I will be in prayer for you!

Take care,
Michelle

 
At May 31, 2008 at 9:07 PM , Blogger The Wagners said...

I love this pic! I will be in prayer for you.

Take care,
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home