Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grace and Humility

I never really thought about grace and humility in relation to each other. An interesting quote from Andrew Murray in his book Humility reads, "It needs to be made clear that it is not sin that humbles but grace."

I've been thinking about humility a lot lately. I don't think I really understand it yet....I guess it's the focus that makes the difference. If my focus is on my sin, that leads to self-condemnation and a horrible view of who I am (aka false humility). If my focus is on God's grace, that leads to me getting all amazed at his amazingness (aka humility). With grace, it's all about God. With sin, it's all about me. Hmm...I wonder which one I should focus on if I want to experience great JOY?!?!?!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home