Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Great Battle

"Be kind, for everyone you know is facing a great battle." -Philo of Alexandria

I don't remember where I read this quote, but I think it sums up my support-raising experience. It seems like everyone I know is facing a "great battle" of some kind. It's amazing how much the people I know are going through!

Having one-on-one support-raising appointments gives me a chance to tell about what all God's doing in my life and share my heart with other people, which I really appreciate. It's really nice to be heard. And it's amazing how much other people will share if I just listen to them. They want to be heard, too! Sometimes hearing about all the battles wears me out, but more than that it reminds me how much I just love people. I'm really excited that loving people is going to be my new career. It's pretty cool think about it like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home