Tuesday, September 2, 2008

God is Not Disappointed

At the end of the COAT program, we had an affirmation circle, where everyone went around and said why the other people were special, how they could see God in each of the other participants, what our dreams for each other's future were... I've been thinking about one of the things Jaime said lately, "God is not disappointed in you, Joanne."

I don't think God gets disappointed. We can only be disappointed if we expect one thing to happen and something different happens. God already knows what's going to happen. He can't be surprised. He doesn't get nervous. He isn't anxious. He isn't afraid. He doesn't guess. He doesn't wonder. He doesn't get confused. He's never overwhelmed. He's never late. He doesn't get disappointed. I like that about Him.

1 Comments:

At September 2, 2008 at 7:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!!! Especially to "God's never late."...I'm always late, and when I ask God for something, I want it NOW....but His timing is INFINITELY better than ours....it's PERFECT!!! Amen to that!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home