Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall is In the Air

Before I left for NMSI's Triennial retreat, I had the opportunity to usher in the new season with my friend Brooke from school. We were missing the pumpkin patch and how we used to take our kids to Eckert's to pick pumpkins on field trips in October back in our kindergarten teaching days, so we decided to go to Eckert's and pick apples together. It was a beautiful day! There were all kinds of rides and stores at the Eckert's location we visited---we had a blast! Here are a few highlights: We saw a "wallaroo," which has a pretty cool name and is a cross between a wallaby and a kangaroo.

I tried to get Brooke to have a tricycle race with me....it was harder than it looks!

And we picked some delicious apples! Brooke had never been apple picking before and ended up taking some apples to share with her third grade students. I made mine into apple sauce in the crockpot. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home