Friday, September 5, 2008

A GOOD Day!!!


I saw some really beautiful things today and wanted to share them with you. I was having a sad week and my friend Rene cheered me up quite a bit! First we used sparkly, glittery, fake microphones (like you'd find at a party store) to sing along to Jeremy Camp's "Trust In You" as we drove to the Botanical Gardens. This, of course, got a few looks from people in other cars but was so FUN! We had the pleasure of visiting the gardens after a good rain--with that fresh smell in the air that makes everything seem special and new.

While there Rene suggested we put our hair in pigtails (because pigtails make everyone happy!). She just "happened" to have a few hair ties in her pocket! Then we tried to take pictures of ourselves in the pigtails, which was possibly even more fun...but not as fun as the youthful freedom to enjoy life and the knowing looks of strangers: "Do you realized that you have pigtails in your hair? Cause I noticed and think it's pretty silly, but maybe you forgot and walked out of the house this morning anyway? I wish I had pigtails...." Did I mention they were impromptu, especially-silly pigtails? It was so fun!



Later in the day I got to visit my friend Angela in the hospital and hold her brand new baby (born last night around 9:00pm) who is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Big, too! He's is a full 9.7 lbs.!! That was a really sweet moment to be able to share with her, and fun to catch up with her family as well! So, in short, God blessed me with the ability to experience joy, beauty, and new life all in the same day!!!

2 Comments:

At September 12, 2008 at 5:54 PM , Blogger jeannette steiner said...

joanne..love seeing your pictures and reading your blog..ou are a wonderful writer. you sound like you are doing really well...the song lyrics are good..meaningful. miss you around the cgo, sweetie1

 
At September 12, 2008 at 5:56 PM , Blogger jeannette steiner said...

joanne..really like seeing your pictures and reading your blog. you are a really good writer. loved the lyrics..meaningful. you sound really good, miss you around here, sweetie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home