Thursday, March 26, 2009

Joy Update

Yesterday the joy involved eating donuts for dinner

outside

on a picnic blanket

without using our hands

(i.e. mouth scrambling around our plates trying to connect with donut). My roommates Helen and Laura chose to participate in this joyful adventure with me. We did take some pictures, which someday--hopefully--I will be able to post on the blog.

Today God did something really cool in Helen's life and when she came to tell me about it, I put the fun, purple boa that was in the care package that my church sent me around her neck and hugged her and we prayed, praising God for how he still does miracles. Maybe I'll call it the miracle boa and break it out when we see something cool that God's doing and people will stop and ask, "Why do you have a fluffy purple boa on?" and it will be a great opportunity to say what He's been up to. The other wonderfully fun items in the package are now in the bottom drawer of my desk, which I have now named "the drawer of joy." They're ready for use at any time... Have I mentioned that God is good lately?

1 Comments:

At April 1, 2009 at 5:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Jo you are awesome. I'll take a donut-chasing, purple-boa-wearing adventure with you anytime! -Jess W.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home