Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I've Got the Joy

The last few days have had some really sad points because several of my friends are hurting, but God has been so good in refocusing me on Him...it has resulted in lots of joy! Yesterday the joy involved chocolate cake--a homemade recipe from Kenya. Yum! The day before it involved bubbles! I looked down at the sink when I was washing dishes and saw a bubble and thought, "Hey, we should make bubbles!" So Helen and I broke out some straws and twisted them into various shapes to make bubble wands. Then we mixed up some water and dish soap and enjoyed much laughing out on our porch. There were few bubbles, but much laughing. I was okay with that, as if I had to pick one of the two I would have picked the laughing!

As it turns out, glycerol is important in bubble making. We didn't have any of that on hand, though it did sound familiar. Angie (former missionary in Chile) said that shampoo actually works even better than dish soap! And Helen invented a new type of bubble wand that was small but much more effective than our other prototypes. Cut a straw so that it is two inches long, dip one end in your bubble solution, and blow on the opposite end. You don't even have to touch your lips to the straw to make it work. And there's no twisting and cutting of straws involved; it's just plain, simple, and fun. Though, I would like to add that any bubble making experience is incomplete if you do not spin in circles with your make shift bubble wand and say "woooooooooo" at least a few times. The sound effects make a difference. It's been proven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home