Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Merging of My Worlds

I have mentioned this in previous updates, but my church here in Florida is feeling more like home. As I look back, I remember it taking a while before Rooftop felt like home, too. I looked around at a BUNCH of different churches for the few months after I moved here and ended up going to this church around March. In April, I got involved in the Sunday night college/young adult worship services. In May, I started going to a small group with the college/young adult girls on Wednesdays. In June, I started going to Sunday School with the college/young adults. In July, I started volunteering in the nursery once a month during the Sunday night college/young adult services (some girls from the Lifeline Pregnancy Center go, along with other adults who help out and have kids). Slowly, but surely, I am getting involved. Though I have hung out with some of the girls from the House (That's what the college/young adult group is called) one-on-one before, and Sarah from NMSI went with me to the House once, it is only now, during August, that my two worlds (NMSI/work and church) are beginning to merge a little.

Two of my new housemates went to the House! They have also gone running or biking with me. I love that they want to be involved in activities I love! That is so NICE!. Furthermore, I invited some girls from the House over to NMSIland (my house) for the first time this very week. I know that the two worlds don't have to merge completely, but I think it is an indicator of increased comfortability in each world that this is happening occasionally. How fun!

As far as other world merging opportunities, I am planning to go back to St. Louis to do some more support-raising and vist family, etc. over the holidays (probably during December). I'll keep you posted as I decide when exactly that will be. I would love to meet up with you during that time!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home