Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kindergarten Memories: I Can't Stop Smiling!


I've had the honor of spending some time with five of my former students in the last month. A few times I forgot my camera (sorry Avram and Ella!), but for the most part I remembered it. And I'm so glad I did! I've been missing being a teacher and seeing kids for seven or eight hours a day---it's been SO NICE to reconnect! They are always making me smile and laugh!

There was sliding...

There was tag amidst the tunnels....
They look so innocent now, but they're speedy crawlers! And tireless as well!
(Those tunnels are a little tougher on the knees than I remember!)

Storytelling... (hand motions and voice inflection are a must!)


Hugging...



Spontaneous Dancing...
(If you listen close, you can hear him reciting the commands in the Cha Cha Slide!)
And Birthday Partying!
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of this. But one of my kindergarten friends randomly asked when my birthday is (April 1st--in case you were wondering!) and decided I probably wouldn't be in town then, so we better celebrate now. He blew up balloons and taped them around the kitchen, taped up some streamers, and sang to me. I can't tell you how special that made me feel! I love how kids are so unashamed in thier affection towards adults! If they love you, they let you know!
Additionally, this kindergarten friend is convinced that I'm moving to Florida to "stop the wars there." He's quite confident that I'll succeed in that endeavor as well. He believes in me so much! It was a day of laughter and smiles all around!


Here's another former kindergarten kiddo. We had great fun racing throughout the park. I could almost keep up with him! Six year olds are FAST! I had a blast seeing each of them again (The ones I don't have pictures of as well! You are no less incredible!
Sorry I forgot the camera!)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home