Monday, February 15, 2010

Bike-a-thon


I am so blessed to live in a place where I can be outside all year long! I absolutely love the sun and running and biking! Recently, I participated in a bike-a-thon with my church. I usually bike 18 miles on Saturdays to visit some friends in North Fort Myers, so I wasn't sure if I would be able to make the 50 mile ride with just two and a half or three weeks before actual bike-a-thon day. But I DID IT!!! Actually, I acheived the 50 mile goal the week before in my training, and I was the first girl and fourth person to finish the bike-a-thon! WHOA! Here I am with the bike my friend let me borrow (she's pregnant right now) to train and my friend Helen, one of the two girls who came to cheer me on! My next goal is going to be something with running. I've been practicing up on that the last two or three weeks, and I'm up to 13 miles! WHOA!!! I never thought I'd be able to run that far, but I am finding I can do so much more than I think I am capable of! I am focusing on perseverance and distance rather than speed, so it's actually really relaxing for me!

1 Comments:

At February 16, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Blogger lauren said...

Way to go, JO!! You should totally sign up for a 1/2 Marathon. It is really fun & encouraging to be around so many other runners! You'll surely be able to find another runner your speed or challenge a friend to do it with you! You know you can run 13 miles, so I say go for it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home