Friday, November 28, 2008

My, How You've Grown!

The Hayes used to live just down the street from me growing up. Gail taught with my mom and I've babysat Kristin and Bryan since I was in fifth grade. When I left for college, Bryan was going to kindergarten... now look at him! He's passed up me, his mom, AND his dad in height! WOW! Not long after I went to college, the Haynes moved to Chicago, so it had been a while since I'd seen them...now they're back, settling in Eureka and loving the mix of small town and city life.
"Wow!" was about all I could say for the first few minutes that I saw them! Good thing their mom was with them, or I probably wouldn't have recognized them! As we sat talking about their college plans and future aspirations, I began to remember things about them I'd forgotten, fun things we've done together... Began to see bits of their elementary school faces in their high school-aged faces... (Well, almost high school for Bryan--he's 14 and in eighth grade. Kristin is 17!!!) So many things have changed since 2000 when I left for college! I was blessed to have some time to reconnect with them and proud to hear of their adventures in theater, with film making, Boy Scouts, first date stories, etc... They make me smile! Always have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home