Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Day in the Life of an Aspiring Missionary...

Some of you have asked how I spend my day… What does someone who is support-raising DO during the day??? I’ve gotten to a fairly stable routine these days, though times are approximate you can get an idea of what tasks fill my day. I don’t have another job on the side that pays a regular salary: this is IT!

8:00-10:00 Wake up, Pray for Prayer Partners, Breakfast, Devotional, Shower…(This Time Sometimes Includes Running/Prayer Walking at a Nearby Park, Unless It’s Crazy-Cold)

10:00-12:30 Call Churches to Find the “Missions Person” and Request Possible Funding, Stuff Envelopes for Interested Parties with an Intro. Letter, Statement of Faith, and Brochure Explaining My Ministry…Call Once A Week Until They Call Me Back Or I Catch of a “Real” Person…Give Two Weeks to Look Through Brochure and Call Once A Week Until I Know Next Step/When the Missions Committee Meets Next/A Verdict About Funding

12:30-1:00 Eat Lunch, Put a Stack of Stuff in the Mailbox

1:00-3:00 Call More Churches or Run to Post Office for Stamps, Store to Get Envelopes, or Office Max to Make More Copies of Intro. Letter to Churches and Statement of Faith

3:00-3:30 Drive to Bread Co. or Library to Work on Internet

3:30-5:30 E-mail to Set up Appointments with Individuals, E-mail Intro. Letter to Various Churches, or Look Up More Church Names, Addresses and Phone Numbers to Add Them to My Database, Add Recently Added Prayer Partners to Sub-Group In E-Mail By Day On Which They Pray For Me, Update My Blog to Tell About What God’s Been Teaching Me or Post Fun Pictures From Recent Events, Request Addresses From People I Only Have E-mails For

5:30-6:00 Drive to Appointment

6:00-8:00 Support Appointment (OR Sometimes I Baby-sit for People…Yes, This is a Subtle Advertisement For My Baby-sitting Services! I miss kids!)

8:00-8:30 Drive Home

8:30-9:30 Enter Data From Appointment Into Database, Check What Percentage Support I’m at---Currently It’s 71% !!!, Pray for God to Guide the Churches I’ve Sent Brochures To As They Allocate Their Funds, Write Thank You Notes, Call People That Are Out of Town or That I Don’t Have an E-Mail For

9:30-10:30 Clean Up Things (Dishes, Room, etc.), Enter Reimbursements For Week (Support Raising Materials---Stamps, Copies, etc.) into Excel Spreadsheet, Read Some Psalms or a Book or Journal About What I’m Learning/Ways God’s I've Seen God Working That Day

10:30 Go to Sleep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home